In addition to the usual mix of unconference sessions, we will be hosting a digital interactivity and maker mini-expo. The popularity of last year’s indie game squad and lock-picking mini-workshops inspired us to expand this type of content and we need your participation to make it happen! Read on for details on how to submit your project.
Our goal is to provide a hands-on space to showcase creative work by our talented makers and communities throughout Portland. The mini-expo offers groups a chance to share their work, collaborations and passions with new people. What kinds of projects submissions are we inviting? Anything that promotes hands on engagement and interaction including but not limited to:
- Video games
- Digital or static immersion displays
- Audio, light and visual interactivity technologies
- DIY hardware hacks, micro-controllers, Arduino, Raspberry PI
- Digital puppetry, robotics, micro-machines and rotorcraft
- Motion and gesture sensory recognition technology
- Origami, paper kits, and 3D printing or modeling
- Hybrid arts that blend the spectrum of digital and non-digital media
How to Submit
Please reply to either Will Lewis at email@example.com or Jeffrey Sens at firstname.lastname@example.org. Return confirmation is required to obtain a space, or apply online. Submission Deadline: Midnight PST, Friday March 8th, 2013.
Our thanks for helping create an amazing community collaboration.
Barcamp Portland 7 takes place Friday March 29th, 6:30-9pm and Saturday March 30th, 9am-9pm at the Eliot Center,1226 SW Salmon St, Portland, OR 97205.
If you haven’t already don’t forget to RSVP to let us know you plan to attend.